Wednesday, January 8, 2020

GPS For Directions 1/8/2020

Good Morning,

I just finished running our two dogs outside on a very cold day. So as I sit and write to all of you my cup of very Hot Door County Christmas Coffee is at my side and is doing an admirable job of warming me up.


Today I will be traveling to a site that I am not familiar with and will need some guidance getting there. In the old days we would pull out a paper map and plot our way to and from our destination. Some of you will remember those days. Now, we can talk to our telephone or the on board navigation system in our vehicles, describe where we want to go and in the quickest way and it plots our directions for us. Then as we travel it speaks to us and tells us where to turn and how soon. I have to admit it though. There are times when I wonder if the GPS unit has all of it's marbles. They often take me on the craziest of paths ( quicker yes) and I wonder if they actually know where we are going. To be very honest I haven't had one let me down yet. The only times I got lost was when I doubted them and took over the way finding.  But it has cost me some unexpected toll money to go quicker.

When it comes to traveling through our life and being in the right spot at the right time, making the best decisions for me and my family I have learned not to trust myself or my gut feelings. When I have totally relied on my own guidance and knowledge, are the times I have made big mistakes. When I put choices, decisions or need solutions to problems in the hands of God and wait on His directions I have never gone wrong. Have I doubted? Yes. And then I took control and created a mess. God does not force His opinions and directions on us. He offers them to us. I realized a long time ago that God loves us so much that He would never send us in the wrong direction. His name is at sake as being honest, true and loving.

So if today, you are facing a choice or lack direction, pray, read your Bible and wait on God to tell you what to do and where to turn. Don't place trust in yourselves. Look back and see how many times you screwed up in life when not on God's path. Never trust feelings or emotions, trust in the Word of God.

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not to thine own understanding. In all they ways acknowledge Him. and He shall direct thy paths. 

Enough said for one morning.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment