Wednesday, January 22, 2020

I Shall Not Want. 1/22/2020

Good Morning,

Some day I do believe that some of us will somehow share a cup of Door County Chocolate Covered Strawberry Coffee and pray together. I don't know how it will happen, but it is a prayer of mine.

Psalm 23:1 The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not want.

I have spent way too much time in life thinking about what I don't have. Sure, there are things that I would like to have, but when I really think about it, I surely do not lack for anything.

I ate yesterday and I will eat today. My wife Rene and I have a roof over our heads and we are warm. We are safe and are blessed to have each other. I can still walk and hunt, but Dancing With The Stars is not in my future. When I think about what we have, I realized  just how much God has blessed us. Most of all God sent His Son to pay the price for my sins. Our Great Shepherd saved me from eternity in Hell. So today instead of counting what I don't have, I will count my blessings and say thank you Dear God,



How about you? Does counting what you don't have keep you awake at night? Maybe try counting your blessings. Counting sheep just makes me hungry. When I count mine, all of you who read this are counted as precious gifts to me.

Have a great day!

Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment