Thursday, January 23, 2020

Basketball Brawl 1/23/2020

Good Morning,

I just wanted to sleep in a little longer today, but common sense got me going so I don't have to rush out of the door to work. I just poured a small cup of Door County Cherry Creme Coffee for myself and not it is time to write.



1 Timothy 6:10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs. 

The other day the news was full of reports about a college basketball game that ended in a huge fight between the two teams.  It was an atrocity that took place. One player was wielding a chair or stool as a weapon. Fortunately someone stopped him from using it. I don't know what started it, but what happened shouldn't have. Some game suspensions were handed out, but end before tournament time. I know these players can't be fined but the coaches should also be suspended. They lost control of their teams. I am sure the schools have an athletic code of ethics, but it didn't look like it to me. The schools both should be suspended from tournaments this year.

I sound harsh, but here is the reality. If the penalties were much harsher the financial cost to the schools would be large. Friends proper discipline was undermined because of money. What lesson did these athletes learn from this?  I am not sure they learned anything.

I call this one the shame of the week.

Marty

2 comments:

  1. Just another sign of the loss of self control which is fed by the lack of discipline. Our society says there is no God, our ancestors lived in the treesj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought this whole thing was very sad. It made me disgusted.

      Delete