Friday, January 10, 2020

Hunkering Down For The Storm 1/10/2020

Good Morning,
 I have a cup of Door County Jingle Bell Java sitting next to me and it is not at rest. The brew is steaming away and giving me a wonderful aroma to enjoy while I sip, and write this morning.

Proverbs 12:15 The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but a wise man listens to advice.

The weather is always a subject that is discussed in our part of the world. We enjoy four distinct seasons and within each of those seasons weather can vary quite a bit. Yesterday it was fifty degrees outside and this morning the temperature has dropped almost twenty degrees over night. The television weather people are super stoked about a massive snow, ice and sleet storm headed our way for the next two days.



What I admire about the "weather people" is that they take their job seriously despite knowing that God can change the weather and at times their forecast is wrong. Most of the time they are pretty much spot on and use their knowledge to keep us informed and safe. They news channel I prefer to watch has their weather team all over this storm like a big hungry man would be on a doughnut. I listened to the forecast this morning and they not only warned us of what is going to happen in the next few days they also gave us some common sense advice to follow.

For instance this snow is probably going to be a heavy wet type of snow. It was advised for us to shovel it in small amounts. I will remove the snow after a couple inches come down and do it several times to avoid moving an amount that is too heavy and cumbersome. The gas tanks will be filled on our vehicles for two reasons. 1. You don't want to run out of gas in a storm. 2. The additional weight of the gasoline adds to the traction over the wheels and offers a little more stability.

My point is this. We received great advice and whether we use it, is our our choice. Good advice given, and then not taken is on us and no one else. If I run out of milk during this storm, well I was advised to purchase some ahead of time and I will have to eat my cereal without milk.

God sends us people to care about us and give us warnings all the time. We receive advice from the weather teams, news agencies, church sermons, authorities over us, and friends. God is at work 24 hours a day and will often us others to give us some good advice.  If we are told to evacuate an area because an imminent danger and we stay, well that might be you sitting on the top of your house waiting for a boat to pick you up. Right about then you are saying to yourself "should have evacuated".

So friends, I believe that no one wakes up in the morning and gives advice to hurt anyone, especially if it is their job to forewarn us. We might find it annoying to listen and follow the advice. But better to be safe than to have to pray "God please send a boat. I should have left in my truck".

Have a safe, great day.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment