Monday, July 1, 2019

Re-Purposing Yourself 7/1/2019

Good Morning,

July first and in keeping with my tradition of "Christmas In July" i have brewed a pot of Door County White Christmas Coffee. My day started with prayer and that will be the theme of my day.

There is a huge push in certain sectors of life to recycle things, even building materials. Another push is to re-purpose things. Some items that no longer have all their parts and no longer can fulfill their original purpose are combined with other things to become a whole new item. Or they are cut and whittled to be something else. We have several things that have been re-purposed. Door knobs make great towel or robe hangers.  See the photos. Biscuit jar lids make great picture frames.  It goes on and on with endless possibilities.









As we age or life changes our directions we too need to be re-purposed now and then. David was a shepherd and then he became a king. Peter was a fisherman and he became the head of the New Testament Church. Paul was a cleric and a persecutor of Christians. He became an Apostle. Mary was a young girl panning a wedding, she became the mother of the Messiah. All of them had their lives re-purposed. It is safe to say that God does that with all of us at one time or another, Someone who once was a Sunday School teacher to little children may be called to give that up and lead a Bible Study in a nursing home. An executive within a large company might be called to be the groundskeeper for a church. A once active parent might be called to be the babysitter for their grandchildren.  At any moment God has the right to change our paths, destinies, vocations or spiritual calling. Christians, we need if anything to be flexible, teachable and possess the ability to be remolded or re-purposed for God's will and glory.

1 Corinthians 9:19-23 New International Version (NIV)
19 Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. 20 To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. 21 To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law. 22 To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. 23 I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.

God not only sends changes our way, but He expects that we submit, adapt and overcome the changes as He re-purposes us.

Heavy food for thought on a Monday. God bless,

marty

No comments:

Post a Comment