Monday, July 8, 2019

Staying Near The Fire And Communicate 7/8/2019

Good Morning,

There is a hot cup of Door County Blueberry Cobbler Coffee waiting for me to finish writing this morning. It will be a wonderful kick start to this morning.

Proverbs 25:11-13 New English Translation (NET Bible)
11 Like apples of gold in settings of silver,

so is a word skillfully spoken.
12 Like an earring of gold and an ornament of fine gold,
so is a wise reprover to the ear of the one who listens.
13 Like the cold of snow in the time of harvest,
so is a faithful messenger to those who send him,
for he refreshes the heart of his masters.

Last night we made a small bonfire outside on the patio and proceeded to move closer and closer to the fire for two reasons. 1. The smoke kept the mosquitoes away. 2.There was a slight chill in the night air so the fire kept us warm and comfortable. Seems simple enough. But as always during our conversation my bride of 1000 years had a question about life in general and she was seeking my thoughts.



Now I was pretty busy all day yesterday as well as the day before and my think tank was just about empty. She wondered if she died first, would I remarry. I felt the loaded gun to my head as I wasn't sure what the correct answer would be. So I replied truthfully and said "I doubt it. I have been happy and content for the last 1000 years so why chance it and be miserable comparing the next lucky gal to the one I have been happy with all these years. I would probably be busier at church without a commitment at home." I knew that the end of this conversation wasn't near yet, but I decided to go inside and call it a night.

After showering and praying we went to bed and here it came. " Would you want to know if I would remarry"? My reply was "Nope don't care to know. You have my blessing to do whatever is best for you. Goodnight." I knew her blood pressure rose about 30 points with that answer.

I did explain that I meant what I said and if she met someone that was nice and God led her to remarry she should follow the Lord.

Here is what this was all about. Rene just wanted to talk and hear that I loved her. I had been so busy all weekend that we barely had time to chat. I said to her. "Love you, and let's do ice cream tomorrow night before we are too old to drive." She laughed and went to sleep.

Guys, don't forget to talk to your wives, don't make them crave a conversation. There are benefits in doing so. 1. It affirms their importance in your life. 2. Communication keeps life on an even keel.
3. It keeps the conversations form being late at night and momentarily silly. 4. It is the Godly thing to do.

Have a great day!!

Marty

2 comments: