Friday, July 19, 2019

Fighting The Weeds 7/19/2019

Good Morning.

Friday is upon us once again. I started my day with a cup of Door County Hawaiian Hazelnut Coffee, prayer and some Cheerios.



Last week I decided to really look my lawn over slowly. I have been laid up after eye surgery a few months ago and haven't been able to really take care of my lawn the way I normally do. I am grateful to my wife who has helped me during this time.

I prefer to treat my lawn for weeds myself so that has not been done yet. As I inspected I could find weeds that have crept in and are starting to multiply. So Saturday or Sunday it will be time to feed our lawn and spray the weeds with  a weed killer. In a few days the lawn should be in great shape again. We are expecting some cooler weather and rain. I will attack those weeds and wipe them out.

Friends, life is the same way. If we do not continually feed ourselves from God's Word we will find that the "weeds of life" will creep in and not only ugly up our lives but they will try to choke off further positive growth in the Lord. I wasn't able to treat my lawn for just a few weeks and shabang the weeds came in. Notice I said "weed killer" not weed feed. These weeds have to go. ASAP. They will continue to thrive unless I get aggressive. That is the same with us. Once we see the weeds of life (bad habits, laziness, sin) gaining a foothold they must be wiped out immediately. It only takes a person to slack off a little before the attack on your life begins. I will close with two verses that remind us of the importance on keeping that close walk with God close.

Deuteronomy 8:3 (NKJV)

3 So He humbled you, allowed you to hunger, and fed you with manna which you did not know nor did your fathers know, that He might make you know that man shall not live by bread alone; but man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the Lord.

1 Peter 5:8 (KJV)

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:


Have a wonderful start to a weedless weekend.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment