Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Road Rage And A Three Year Old 7/16/2019

Good Morning,

A cup of Door County Jamaican Me Crazy Coffee awaits me in the kitchen after i finish writing today. I am not sure that even my cup of coffee will remove the bad taste I have in my mouth from what I am about to write.

Revelation 21:26-27 New International Version (NIV)
26 The glory and honor of the nations will be brought into it. 27 Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.

This past two days have been consumed with gut wrenching terrible news about a three year old little girl who was shot and killed during an act of road rage. I live outside of the big city but the effects of this senseless shooting have rippled outside of the city. I heard someone say yesterday "What next"? I corrected them immediately and told them "I don't know how, but it could be worse. Let's not find out. This one was terrible, sickening, disgusting, and sad all rolled into one. I for one do not want to see what's next".


We can sit and do the finger pointing and blame fatherless homes, poor economic conditions, a feeling of hopelessness, and we can point the finger at gun control. I can see a point in each one of those theories. But when it comes right down to it, shooting someone is wrong. It is a society which all too often chooses wrong over right. We have lost our civility toward our neighbors. When someone chooses to start shooting, they chose to do wrong. It wasn't because of a lack of police or people that don't care. Society has devalued a human life and this is why we see the tragedies we see. Spanking a child is a crime so correcting your child has become politically incorrect. I am not condoning the beating of children, but a spanking of moderation on the backside for doing wrong is appropriate.  The video games that allow kids to pretend to kill hundreds of folks, and shoot up neighborhoods doesn't really show the impact of a gun.  Nightly shootings are a way of life in some neighborhoods. But then little league parents brawling over a game in front of their kids just showed the kids to solve their issues with violence. It's a choice of right or wrong and I do believe that people do know the difference. They make the choice to do wrong and don't see it as wrong. They have no fear of their Creator and His way of life. The problem with that type of thinking is that we will answer to God for what we have done and we should fear His wrath.

Psalm 101:3-8 King James Version (KJV)
I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.
A froward heart shall depart from me: I will not know a wicked person.
Whoso privily slandereth his neighbour, him will I cut off: him that hath an high look and a proud heart will not I suffer.
Mine eyes shall be upon the faithful of the land, that they may dwell with me: he that walketh in a perfect way, he shall serve me.
He that worketh deceit shall not dwell within my house: he that telleth lies shall not tarry in my sight.
I will early destroy all the wicked of the land; that I may cut off all wicked doers from the city of the Lord.

I rambled on here and I cannot pray enough for this family. I hope not but I am sure within a week or so there will be another memorial of teddy bears and candles on the street and once again the wrong choice will have been made. My goal is too look forward to the day that this senseless garbage will not be allowed or tolerated. That day will be in heaven.

Marty



2 comments:

  1. Marty, I share your pain and disgust about those inocents being the victims of this senseless violence. We live in the day where good is bad, right is wrong, we know from these signs that the return of Jesus is getting closer each day. I join you in praying for the family of that little girl, and I also pray for the people who commit the violence that they might consider the consequences of the actions they contemplate. It is truly heartbreaking.
    Ray

    ReplyDelete