Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Coffee Anyone? You are Welcome Here 7/3/2019

Good Morning,

Another busy day is ahead of me and then it is off to the back patio at home for a little bonfire and some relaxation. I just poured a cup of Door County German Chocolate Cake Coffee. Now it is time to write.




I think it is important to always be hospitable to those who come to your door, many homes have a welcome mat out on the porch. We place a welcome mat outside in the winter, but the minute Rene can plant flowers or the spring perennials come up the mat goes to the basement for the spring, fall and summer. She believes that a happy garden is welcoming. A few years ago she asked me to take an old coffee pot and make a flower pot out of it. She said the coffee pot symbolized the two of us. I didn't share the symbolism with her at the time. It had to be explained to her "village idiot." She went on to say. "The coffee pot is a symbol of how you always have tasty coffee and are ready to share it anytime. The flowers in the pot symbolize me. I always plant flowers to welcome people to our sidewalk and porch.

Jeremiah 29:11 New King James Version (NKJV)
11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. 

I never gave it much thought. It was one of those things that goes in a husbands ear and then out of the other. But last night while I was working on another couple of flower pots that were being
re-purposed I saw her smiling while she was watching me work. Pretty soon she had the broom and the dust pan in her hands as she started cleaning up after me. She said "It's awful hot out here tonight. Finish that one and call it a night. I will pour you a cold glass of sweet peach tea." I go it then! Together we make a pretty good team. As I was studying last night I took a moment to be thankful for flowers, coffee, peach tea and a wife with a vision.

God bless,

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment