Thursday, July 11, 2019

Smart Lesson From Psalm 27 7/11/2019

Good Morning,

Today is going to begin with prayer and a cup of Door County German Choclate Cake Coffee. Thursday it is and I can see Friday over the rims of my glasses.


Psalm 27:1-3 New International Version (NIV)
1 The Lord is my light and my salvation—

    whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
    of whom shall I be afraid?
2 When the wicked advance against me

    to devour me,
it is my enemies and my foes
    who will stumble and fall.
3 Though an army besiege me,
    my heart will not fear;
though war break out against me,
    even then I will be confident.

When I step into a river on a dark October morning to go duck hunting I always wear a bright head lamp on my cap. I purchased one that has three powerful beams to illuminate my walk. I can look directly at the water and it shows me the large rocks I can avoid so as not to take a wet dive.

The head lamp is also equipped with a bright flashing strobe to help locate me in an emergency. If I would get stranded or lost it sends a signal to my rescuers as to where I am. The light is a reassuring signal of safety. I find comfort in having my way illuminated and confidence knowing I can signal a rescuer.

When I read Psalm 27 I find reassurance in knowing that God leads me on the path of my life. I feel confident that no matter what I face the battle is not mine alone. God battles for me and with me. He is the stronghold of my life where I can hide and not experience fear.

Is God your Head Lamp for life? Do you walk with confidence?

Food for thought.

Marty
mmmm

2 comments:

  1. Marty, I have been reading through Listening Prayer, not doing a thorough read but skimming. Seems as each day I am finding support and answers from the LORD. Now really looking forward to the study in the fall.
    Ray

    ReplyDelete