Thursday, July 11, 2019

Smart Lesson From Psalm 27 7/11/2019

Good Morning,

Today is going to begin with prayer and a cup of Door County German Choclate Cake Coffee. Thursday it is and I can see Friday over the rims of my glasses.


Psalm 27:1-3 New International Version (NIV)
The Lord is my light and my salvation

    whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life—
    of whom shall I be afraid?
When the wicked advance against me

    to devour me,
it is my enemies and my foes
    who will stumble and fall.
Though an army besiege me,
    my heart will not fear;
though war break out against me,
    even then I will be confident.

When I step into a river on a dark October morning to go duck hunting I always wear a bright head lamp on my cap. I purchased one that has three powerful beams to illuminate my walk. I can look directly at the water and it shows me the large rocks I can avoid so as not to take a wet dive.

The head lamp is also equipped with a bright flashing strobe to help locate me in an emergency. If I would get stranded or lost it sends a signal to my rescuers as to where I am. The light is a reassuring signal of safety. I find comfort in having my way illuminated and confidence knowing I can signal a rescuer.

When I read Psalm 27 I find reassurance in knowing that God leads me on the path of my life. I feel confident that no matter what I face the battle is not mine alone. God battles for me and with me. He is the stronghold of my life where I can hide and not experience fear.

Is God your Head Lamp for life? Do you walk with confidence?

Food for thought.

Marty
mmmm

2 comments:

  1. Marty, I have been reading through Listening Prayer, not doing a thorough read but skimming. Seems as each day I am finding support and answers from the LORD. Now really looking forward to the study in the fall.
    Ray

    ReplyDelete