Thursday, July 4, 2019

Make Time For A Parade 7/4/2019

Good Morning,

The old mug was just filled with Door County Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Coffee and to be honest I am not ready for breakfast today. A picnic awaits me later and I am saving my self for some specialty  fajitas.

Ephesians 5:15-16 New International Version (NIV)
15 Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, 16 making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.

This day is our Independence Day in America. It will be celebrated with parades, flags, and picnics. It is always capped off with fireworks later in the evening. Our Dad used to march every year in the hometown parade. He was a Marine veteran who was proud to have served his country. Several of us would drive many miles to watch him in the parade. We were proud to be there.



Dad passed away a few years ago after an accident and for awhile time seemed to stop for me. But Christmas came and went, the winter was long, and now the Fourth of July is here and I won't be watching the Old Guy march today. You see, time stops for no one and we should always be aware of that. It wasn't like some doctor told us that Dad was ill and had a few months to live. His accident was a huge shock and surprise.

Only God knows when and where someone will pass on. Time didn't stop for us and it couldn't be reversed. Some things that I wish I would have said to Dad didn't get said.  I probably sound a little melancholy today, and I guess I am. But I will be enjoying a picnic today, our flags will be standing straight and I will embrace this day as a gift to be with friends and family. We can't live in the past, time marches on.. We can't play should have, could have or would have. Today we can be a smile to someone, a meal to a friend, a wave to the lonely, a help of any kind to the needy. We need to remember to make a difference every day, for tomorrow is not guaranteed. Time marches on and we need to be in the parade.

Have a beautiful day.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment