Saturday, July 27, 2019

Take Care Of Yourself. 7/27/2019

Good Morning World,

Today is starting with a big cup of Door County Peanut Butter  Crunch Coffee. However you receive this message I ask that you pass it on today and share it with others.

Last winter I finally had to give in and have my knees replaced. Being the dumb guy that I am I waited too long and the repairs needed became worse. I kept thinking, "wait until spring, who will shovel snow if I am not there, but who will mow the grass in the summer, who will do my job at work, who will preach for me? Well I had to give in and I thought for sure that the world would collapse without my guiding hand. I was so wrong. Friends, from time to time we need physical repairs or just plain rest. Our Great Physician God prescribes it.

Psalm 127:2                

It is in vain that you rise up early and go late to rest, eating the bread of anxious toil; for he gives to his beloved sleep.              

Mark 6:31                

And he said to them, “Come away by yourselves to a desolate place and rest a while.” For many were coming and going, and they had no leisure even to eat.              

Hebrews 4:9-11                     

So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God, for whoever has entered God's rest has also rested from his works as God did from his. Let us therefore strive to enter that rest, so that no one may fall by the same sort of disobedience.              

Proverbs 3:24                     

If you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.              

Exodus 20:8-11                

“Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor, and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, you, or your son, or your daughter, your male servant, or your female servant, or your livestock, or the sojourner who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

The world did not stop when I healed and rested. It kept on going. We need to take time and spend it resting, recharging, and relaxing. We also need time to be alone with God.

There is another type of rest that people avoid.

Matthew 11:26-30                   
Yes, Father, for such was your gracious will. All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him. Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

We all need rest for our souls. Many people struggle daily without having the assurance, and peace of having Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. They do not know where they will spend eternity. They wonder and have no peace. Jesus invites us to come to Him and experience forgiveness of our sins and join Him in heaven where we will see God and dwell forever with them. The Holy Spirit is tugging on your heart right now to accept this invitation to Jesus. What are you waiting for?
pray and invite Him in to your heart today. Let me know if I can assist or help.

God bless,
Marty

2 comments:

  1. Man, what a message!!! The verses hit me hard, but are comforting beyond explanation. Pray that i can consistently apply these principles to my life and my family as well. Thank you my dear friend for all you do, including resting!! Love you Chief

    ReplyDelete