Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Dealing With The Hot Weather And A Recipe 7/9/2019

Good Morning,

I am awake and happy to be alive this morning. It is going to be one busy week and I am grateful for a wife that is helping me out with some projects around the house. My mug was just filled with Door County Caramel  Latte Coffee and my heart has a message on it for all of us.


Philippians 4:11-13 New King James Version (NKJV)
11 Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: 12 I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.




Last winter we had a cold spell come through our part of this beautiful world like I haven't see in many years, It was called a "Polar Vortex". Man! it was colder than cold and it managed to snow a lot at the same time. People were complaining about the frigid weather and posting pictures on social media showing summer sunshine. Now it has been a very cool spring and the summer came and warmed us up quickly with some hot and humid weather. The same people are whining that it is too hot now. They are not content with what is given to them.

I have learned to cope with what weather shows up. In the winter I add more warm clothing to my attire. I wear things that I enjoy. I like wool hats and flannel lined jeans with a sweater or a flannel shirt. I have a heavy coat and some lined leather mittens. We eat more soup and strews to stay warm and our fireplace gets a workout. We make the best of it.

When the weather turns hot, I change my attire to more tee shirts and shorts. Sneakers replace heavy boots and a baseball cap protects my head from sunburn. We use a lot more ice cubes in our lemonade and tea. Our meals are more salads and things that can be eaten cold. We make the best of it.

Friends, weather will never be perfect every day. The car is going to get a flat tire now and then. If you look at it correctly you will see that you are blessed to own a car. The flat tire just saved you from driving and missing a potential accident. The dog our youngest child will vomit or poop on the carpet in an accident. If you look at it correctly you will see that you are blessed to have a dog and a child. Make the best of it. Learn to be content. Life will be sweeter. Here is a favorite recipe of ours for those hot days of summer.

Have a great day.

Marty

Mint, Tomato and Cucumber Sandwiches

Ingredients

  • 3 tablespoons butter, softened
  • 8 slices sourdough bread
  • 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced
  • 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves

Directions

  • Spread butter over four slices of bread. Layer with cucumber and tomatoes; sprinkle with salt, pepper and mint. Top with remaining bread. If desired, cut each sandwich into quarters. and don't forget the lemonade.

No comments:

Post a Comment