Sunday, June 30, 2019

Feeling Bullet Proof 6/30/2019

Good Morning,

The sun is taking it's time to come up today, but it is a beautiful sunrise. The aroma of some Door County Chocolate Caramel Truffle Coffee is making it's way upstairs from the kitchen. Once I am done writing I will pour myself a large cup and then continue my observance of sunrise.



Getting older isn't all that much fun, but it is what it is. I am still very active and enjoy all of the things I used to do except for sports like football and baseball. Those days are gone forever now. But my chores can still be done and I can still get into my boat and duck hunt. I will be walking behind my dog chasing pheasants once more this year. Amen to that!

Isaiah 43:18 “Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old.”

But there are times that my mind wanders back to the days when I could hunt for three days straight and only be tired, not sore and taking Tylenol for the aches and pains. The days of long ago when my hat had to be larger just because there was a pile of  hair on this head.  Those days of long ago when a young man actually feels "bullet proof" are gone. One would say that those were the "Good Old Days" but are they? We should not spend too much time thinking about the past or living in it. If we spend our time in the past longing for those days, we will miss making the most of the present. The present also can be used to plan the future. Sometimes the planning is almost better than the actual experience itself. Rene and I will be making our first trip to Hawaii this year and the planning for the trip has been a lot of fun. Once that it done we will be planning our way to visit our daughter. Plans for our annual "Men's Steak Feed" at church are under way as well as a weekend outing with dear friends in the fall.  We plan our church service every week and don't sit and spend time recalling the last one. it's the next that is important.

Friends, spend less time on the past, live in the present, and plan ahead to enjoy the future. Why waste time on the past? Memories are nice, but they should never outweigh the present. Tomorrow will be the past one day later.

Have a great day!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment