Saturday, July 6, 2019

Enjoying A Slow Rain 7/6/2019

Good Morning,

I covet your prayers as I head out early to a funeral a few hours away from home. I ask prayer for the young widow and her three children. I will be traveling with a Thermos Bottle filled with Door County Birthday Cake Coffee.

Acts 14:17 English Standard Version (ESV)
17 Yet he did not leave himself without witness, for he did good by giving you rains from heaven and fruitful seasons, satisfying your hearts with food and gladness.”

Last night I was sitting out on the patio when it started to rain and at first the rain was so strong I had to move myself inside. But within ten minutes or so, the rain slowed down to a heavy drizzle that blanketed a hot dry yard with the water it needed. My wife Rene brought a glass of Sweet Peach Iced Tea to me and said, " relaxing in the rain?" I replied that the light rain felt good on my head and my legs. It has been a long time since I sat in the rain and enjoyed it. I noticed that she wasn't inclined to join me. I am sure she wanted to but did not want to show her juvenile side.



But in the end I came into the house, wetter than a fish, yet very refreshed. I enjoyed what God gave me and the cool rain chilled this body who had just completed some yard work in very hot weather.

James 1:17 New International Version (NIV)
17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

God supplied everything I needed to refresh from a long day at work and then a hot evening working in the yard. I made sure to thank Him for the rain and the coolness of the temperatures after the water delivery. We pray for needs all the time, big and small from serious illnesses to job needs. I always say thank you for answered prayers whether the answer is yes or no. But I tend to forget to be thankful for the small things like a cool rain on a hot day and a bald head to enjoy the rain drops. I neglect to remember that all good things come from above.

Be thankful today, even for the small things.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment