Friday, July 26, 2019

Retirement And The Luge 7/26/2019

Good Morning,

My coffee this morning is Door County Turtles  In A Cup Coffee. It is very, very hot here once again. So one cup for the road today. And A Thermos filled for later.

People keep asking me what I plan to do when I retire and no one tales my answer seriously. I just can't imagine why.



My wife and I love to watch the Olympics. Last night while discussing the games I mentioned to her that I would  love to represent our country in the Olympics. She inquired as to what event I would like to be in.  I recently started working out again at the age of 62. I explained to her that I thought that I could enter in the luge. She began to laugh and then she said, "don't you have to be able to see over your belly to steer?" That one hurt. So I thought ,until she was laughing again. I had to ask. "What are you laughing about now'? She then said that she had just finished picturing me in Spandex. That one really hurt. I don't really care if I would win a medal. I just figured at 64 they would have to ask me to be on Dancing With the Stars after the Olympics. Then who would be laughing? So what does all this have to do with the luge, the Olympics, and a devotional? Not much at all. I really did not get my feelings hurt. We chose to laugh together. Our home is much happier and full of life when the two of us laugh together. Laughter is music for the soul.

Just before bed Rene hit me with another zinger. " You do realize that the luge is not an inner tube on the side of a snow covered hill? "I thought she was going to wet the bed laughing. All this teasing made me change my mind. It's synchronized swimming for me now.

Psalm 126:2    
Then our mouth was filled with laughter, and our tongue with shouts of joy; then they said among the nations, “The Lord has done great things for them.”

Today, try not to take yourself too serious. Dream big dreams, hope in all things, and laugh like children.

I did do some sit ups last night and then ate a Twinkie. I really work hard on this figure.

God Bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment