Thursday, July 25, 2019

I Am Third 7/25/2019

Good Morning,

The sun is coming up and I am looking forward to watching it for a few minutes as the horizon goes from dark to light. I am sitting here with a large cup of Door County n Creme Coffee and a bowl of Cheerios. It's time to write.

Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 New International Version (NIV)

Two are better than one,

    because they have a good return for their labor:
10 If either of them falls down,
    one can help the other up.
But pity anyone who falls
    and has no one to help them up.
11 Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
    But how can one keep warm alone?
12 Though one may be overpowered,
    two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

Last night after coming home from work a little later than anticipated I retreated to the garage to apply the finishing touches to a table I have been working on. After that was finished I happened to look at my wife's car and noticed her black automobile was showing a lot of dust.

I asked if she would like me to wash her car before the sun set on our day and her happy reply was a big yes. It only took 20 or 30 minutes to wash, dry and out away her car for the night. When I came inside Rene was ironing a shirt for me. It is one that she dislikes ironing and isn't all that fond of anyway. I smiled and she said that she felt that if I could wash her car, then she could iron that crazy shirt that I like and one she would rather wash windows with.



Later I laughed and said "Hon we make a pretty good team" and she laughed even harder than I did. She said we are a team of three. I looked at the dog and she said "no not the dog, I thank God every day for the three of us. Him, you and me makes three. "

I had to agree without God we would be a pretty weak team to say the least. Rene is kstubborn and I am bossy with a temper. God seems to be the damper on our weaknesses. I will admit that without Him we would be nothing, but a couple who tolerates each other and fights more than we should. That is just the opposite of what we have. We both know God is the glue, fabric, and starch in this marriage. He teaches us daily to be kind, humble and subservient to each other. Now, there are days when I am sure that I get on her nerves and she certainly gets on mine. But at the end of the day I usually find that I walked away from God. Didn't read His word or neglected to pray.

So for me and Rene both, it goes like this. My God. My family and I am third. This is the equation for life.

Have a great day,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment