Sunday, July 14, 2019

When The Sun Comes Up 7/14/2019

Good Morning,

The day began with a stiff cup of Door County Inn Keepers Blend Coffee and prayer. I enjoyed that cup of coffee until it was time to move outside to the picnic table and watch the sun come up. I was accompanied by our dog Gibbs and all of his playful antics. I especially enjoyed watching him stop in his tracks when some morning geese flew over honking a familiar greeting to us. Gibbs zeroed in on their call and sat still watching them fly by. We both nodded to each other and acknowledged that it won't be long until hunting season begins.

Lamentations 3:22-23 English Standard Version (ESV)
22 The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;[a]

    his mercies never come to an end;
23 they are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.

No matter what time of the year it is I always enjoy the sunrise portion of my day the best. The day begins for me at sunrise. If I can take time to watch a new day begin and hear a bird or two I have started the day the way I was wired for. This morning, our weather is so pleasant that I almost wished that I could freeze time and enjoy this part of my day a little longer.



One part of all of our mornings should be to be thankful for another day and the things we possess. Today I spent some time and God placed on my heart many relatives that I am very thankful for. I could picture them all and recalled some of the times we spent together. I paused a little longer to be thankful for my wife, daughter, grandson and my old dog. God led me to my friends and I concluded that I am blessed with many friends, some as close as family to me.

So later I will read the newspaper and see some tragedies that will make me pause and pray for someone or how someone wants to raise my taxes. But for now it's just God, me and that old dog Gibbs in the garden of my life. It was good to share this part of the world with both of them. For a short time there weren't any tragedies, taxes or world mayhem to think about.

Each day begins anew every morning. Be sure to greet the day despite any circumstances you are going through as a gift. Cherish it, because you will never have this one again. Use your day to make it a better one for someone. Share in the new dawn with someone if you can.

Philippians 4:19 King James Version (KJV)
19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Dear readers, whoever you are and wherever you are you were just prayed for and you are loved. God knows where you are and who you are. I asked Him to bless you with what you need and to take away anything that is not good for you.

Thanks for joining me today.

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment