Monday, July 29, 2019

John, Steve And Prayer 7/29/2019

Good Morning,

Where did the weekend go? Monday arrived on time, but on time for who? It could have slowed down a little for me. I just poured a cup of Door County Highlander Grog Coffee. Now it is  time  to  write.





John 5:1-15 New King James Version (NKJV)

A Man Healed at the Pool of Bethesda

After this there was a feast of the Jews, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem. Now there is in Jerusalem by the Sheep Gate a pool, which is called in Hebrew, [a]Bethesda, having five porches. In these lay a great multitude of sick people, blind, lame, [b]paralyzed, [c]waiting for the moving of the water. For an angel went down at a certain time into the pool and stirred up the water; then whoever stepped in first, after the stirring of the water, was made well of whatever disease he had. Now a certain man was there who had an infirmity thirty-eight years. When Jesus saw him lying there, and knew that he already had been in that condition a long time, He said to him, “Do you want to be made well?”
The sick man answered Him, “Sir, I have no man to put me into the pool when the water is stirred up; but while I am coming, another steps down before me.”
Jesus said to him, “Rise, take up your bed and walk.” And immediately the man was made well, took up his bed, and walked

Yesterday I had the privilege to pray over a young man named John who has been incapacitated by illnesses for a long time. Rene and I used to attend church with him and his family many years ago. Thanks to social media we have been able to keep in touch. John's father called and asked if someone from our church would be able to travel to the long term care facility to pray over John.  I knew that I would be available but also knew that I wanted more prayer power. I knew that I had to ask my good Buddy Steve. The only problem is that Steve has been suffering with debilitating migraine headaches for the last two months. I asked him this way. "If you are able would you go with me to pray for this young man who you don't even know?" The answer was a resounding "YES".

You see, my friend Steve is filled with compassion and serves God despite all the circumstances that would stop most people. When God calls, Steve goes. When he says he will pray for you he does.

So we went with the family to pray for John. John doesn't speak now but would answer questions by blinking his eyes. When we asked John if we could pray for him he blinked to say yes. While praying and after praying John kept attempting to speak. The task was too difficult for him. We told John that he is loved and we would continue to pray for him. But there was my Buddy ministering to a family he just met, praying with a stranger like they were old friends. Steve just has a way to make you feel comfortable around him. I guess that would be one of the best gifts God gave him. Steve is approachable in a way that I envy.

Friends, how busy are you today? Will you put a halt to your day and travel to pray with someone?
Mull this one over. How busy are you really? Too busy to pray? Too busy to show compassion? If so only you can fix that issue. Jesus stopped on His way to a feast to help someone. Are you like Jesus?

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment