Saturday, December 5, 2015

Less Is Best, Especially When It Comes To Words 12/5/2015

Good Day,

I am running late on the blog this fine day. December 5th was a travel day for us. My morning started with a big cup of Door County Apple Cobbler Coffee and it was out of the door before 4 AM.

 


I will leave you with this. When I was younger, traveling anywhere was a lot easier. As we packed for today we were unsure of what the weather was going to be like and we planned for each and every scenario that might come about. That's fine until you have to lift the bags, cart them around and then unpack. I really did not need to pack Door County Coffee for the trip. I found that I could have had it shipped ahead and it would have been waiting here for me. Rene packed more stuff than our Nephew Nick would for a short morning duck hunt. Hey, a shout out to Nick for house sitting with Gibbs.

So when traveling, less is best. Life is the same way. Sometimes less is best especially when heading into an argument. Sometimes it is best to be quiet and say nothing, controlling our tongues.

Proverbs 21:23New International Version (NIV)
23 Those who guard their mouths and their tongues
    keep themselves from calamity.
 
A mouth heavy with words is hard to keep shut. It is best to lighten the load of life and whenever possible avoid arguments.
 
Have a great day!
 
Marty
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment