Monday, December 14, 2015

Not Feeling Adequate? 12/14/15

Good Morning,

It won't be too long before my pot of Door County Apple Cobbler Coffee is finished. Yesterday sure was busy for us. We finally put the lights on the Christmas tree. Tonight the rest of the decorations will be placed just right.

Micah 5:2New International Version (NIV)
“But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah,
    though you are small among the clans of Judah,
out of you will come for me
    one who will be ruler over Israel,
whose origins are from of old,
    from ancient times.”
 
Have you ever had this thought? "What could God possibly want me to do for Him? I am nothing compared to others. I have no talents, not enough money, I lack Biblical education and I am not popular?" God uses the ordinary to accomplish the extraordinary.
 
Bethlehem was small compared to the other towns but yet God chose for Jesus to be born there. God does so much with so little. Many of the apostles were fishermen yet they were the ones entrusted to see the church grow. Moses was a murderer and shepherd yet God used him to lead the Israelites out of Egypt. Paul was educated but he was also one of the early leaders who persecuted the Christians. He ended up writing many of the books in the New Testament.
 
You see, God needs nothing you have except your willingness to serve. He equips you as you have needs, for the task He has given to you.
 
So step up, and be not afraid. God has a plan and you are included, if you want to be. The possibilities are endless. Your God guided actions could have an impact on eternity. God never told you that you couldn't serve or that you were inadequate. You told yourself that lie.
 
Step up and say Here I am Lord! Use me.
 
God bless,
 
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment