Thursday, December 24, 2015

Twas The Night Before Christmas 12/24/15

Good Morning,

I want to wish everyone safe travels today and tonight as you go about your Christmas Eve. I think I like Christmas Eve more and more every year. Today was started with a mug of Door County Hot Buttered Rum Coffee. There is no alcohol in this brew. Now wouldn't that be a funny start to the day.



I will be the last one to bed tonight in our house. It has been a custom of mine from the beginning of our marriage, to go to bed last. I sit with a  few glowing logs in the fireplace. The Christmas tree is still lit and a couple of candles will be flickering. My mind will wander to past Christmas's and I will recall those who have gone on home to heaven in our family. I will pray for those who are with me now. I will think back to my BB gun, Italian sausages, raw beef and onions, laughter, and my struggle to get a Cabbage Patch Doll for my daughter. I will laugh about the year when I bought Rene a fishing pole and crock pot for a gift and she said "you shouldn't have". I think she really meant that. I have done better since "Every Kiss Begins With Kay". I will remember one Christmas that I worked and spent it pretty much alone. I will recall the Spanish family who needed a drain unplugged because their Christmas Eve was flooding out. I will recall my first enchilada, because they insisted I stay and celebrate with them. I will think about those who blessed us by stopping by to our open home. Most of all I will thank Jesus Christ for coming to Earth as a baby to eventually save the world from our sin. Without Him, tonight would just be any other night. His gift was best.

2 Corinthians 9:15New International Version (NIV)
15 Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!

Before going to bed I will say thank you and "I am blessed". This is a wonderful world!

God Bless,

Marty

2 comments:

  1. Isaiah 9:6
    For to us a child is born,
    to us a son is given,
    and the government will be on his shoulders.
    And he will be called
    Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
    Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

    ReplyDelete