Friday, December 4, 2015

Jesus, Christmas Trees and Soup. 12/4/2015

Good Morning,

How are you today? I pray that this finds you well. I just filled my cup with Door County Jingle Bell Java Coffee, opened my Bible and heart to a little learning.

Our house is being transformed into the Christmas Palace once more. Rene is in full blown Christmas mood. I would never try to derail that train. I actually enjoy watching her set up the 50 snowmen in our lofted area, that seem to be staring at me when I turn the lights off.



Her goal is to serve soup as well as other things Christmas Eve with the tree lit and glittering. I am in charge of the tree, soup and a fire. But as she sets up all of her Christmas treasures, the first thing that is set up is our Nativity set. It was given to us for a wedding present 1000 years ago. Rene always says that the Nativity set represents all that is good.

Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. 

1. Jesus coming to Earth as a baby.

2. Our eternal salvation is rooted in His birth, death and resurrection.

3. The set was a gift given to us by her co-workers and they are all dear to her heart.

4. It reminds her of all the Christmases that we have spent together.

5. It reminds her of all those who have graced us with celebrating Christmas in our home.

Who wouldn't want to top that off with a bowl of Cream of Pheasant Soup while the Christmas Tree twinkles?

Have a great day and better tomorrows.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment