Sunday, December 20, 2015

Showers Of Tenderness 12/20/15

Good Morning,

The Old Ford was a little stiff to start this morning. I needed to make an early run and I hadn't started it in over a week. But soon it was warm inside the cab, the Christmas tunes were cranked up and my cup of Door County Candy Cane Coffee was in the travel mug. Mt trusty Springer Spaniel Gibbs was riding shot gun. Great start to a day.



Isaiah 55:10-11       
"For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, And do not return there without watering the earth And making it bear and sprout, And furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater; So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It will not return to Me empty, Without accomplishing what I desire, And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it

Last summer I made the mistake of getting way too much sun one day and I burned my legs to the point of blisters and pain. It was my fault and I have no one to blame but myself. The one thing that felt good on those hurting legs was a lukewarm shower. We have a shower head that simulates an easy rainfall. I would tenderly rub the legs with my hands as the warm water soothed the pain.
All, year long, everyday, life puts us in situations that add stress, pain and anxiety to out lives. Sometimes it is too much to bear and it just seems to burn away at us.

As the new year will be approaching in a couple of weeks, why not consider making some changes as to how you take care of yourself emotionally and spiritually? God's Word the Bible is the all in all book, of instructions, discipline, love, hope and tenderness. It is a book that includes tender showers of care for us. It goes out and accomplishes what God wants it to. How about committing to reading the Bible daily and treating yourself to a shower of tenderness? How about attending prayer services? This is above and beyond the weekly church experience. This is all soothing to the soul and God only asks you to come to Him.

Matthew 11:28-30
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Turn on the shower for your heart, mind and soul. The water is just right. You are worth it.

Have a wonderful day.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment