Tuesday, December 22, 2015

A Fire In My Bones 12/22/2015

Good Morning,

I wish you were here just to sit down and welcome the morning with a cup of Door County Highlander Grog and a few fresh biscuits with butter.

Jeremiah 20:9New International Version (NIV)
But if I say, “I will not mention his word
    or speak anymore in his name,”
his word is in my heart like a fire,
    a fire shut up in my bones.
I am weary of holding it in;
    indeed, I cannot.
 
There are things that make me want to jump and shout from time to time. I enjoy watching the local sports teams and yelling loudly when they score or win the game. Many of my friends drive Harley Davidson motorcycles and you can tell that they do because of the clothes they wear or the decorations they possess that has the Harley insignia on them. They are proud to tell you what they ride. Start talking about hunting dogs and I will tell you all you could want to know and more as to why I believe Springer Spaniels are the best hunting dog.  Most people consider these types to be fans of a certain team, cycle or dog not fanatics.
 
But let someone stand on a street corner preaching the Gospel Message of love through Jesus Christ and they are considered fanatics or lunatics. But what people do not understand is that the message of love and forgiveness and heaven and hell cannot be held in. It is, and should be a fire within that burns out of control. Are you miserable today knowing that God loves you and that you could share that message, but aren't because the world has convinced you that it is someone else's job? I see signs hanging on the freeway overpass where someone declares their love for another person for the world to see as they drive by. I don't see people doing that because of their love for Jesus Christ all too often.
 
Fire Up. God Loves You!
 
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment