Thursday, December 3, 2015

Country Western And The Symphony 12/3/2015

Good Morning,

I woke up like many people did today wondering what happened in California, wanting more information. My Door County White Christmas Coffee although tasty seems heavy just like the hearts of many who mourn. My prayers are with those who have suffered the loss of their loved ones yesterday in the senseless violence San Bernardino.

Last night Rene and I attended a Sara Evans concert in Milwaukee. She and her band were accompanied by the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra. What beautiful music we were treated to! It was a Christmas concert where the words Merry Christmas were used. Sara sang Christmas songs and she did not hesitate to sing ones like O Holy Night, and Silent Night. We both enjoyed the music and for a short time my mind wandered away  while she sang Silent Night. My mind was taken to beloved friends and family who needed prayer. Rene asked me later if I enjoyed the concert. I replied "anytime holy music can take me away and urge me to pray, the music was great!" For a short time cancer ceased, shootings stopped, families were whole, and the world stopped.

I believe prayer combined with praise and prayerful music supports a heart, seeking peace from the world. So when you read your Bible and pray, consider listening to some praise and worship music. Don't forget to try some of the old hymns.

Job 35:10      
 
"But no one says, 'Where is God my Maker, Who gives songs in the night,

Have a better day!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment