Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Comfort For A Friend 12/2/2015

Good Morning,

I woke up today and I hit the floor running. The coffee was brewing and it was calling me to the kitchen like a dog to a bone. The flavor filling my mug is Door County White Christmas.

We have a dear friend who is grieving the loss of her father. As much as we want to be able to help there is little we can do except to sympathize with her and pray. A person can call or visit but the minute you leave the grieving person returns to their mourning. This is a natural reaction to the loss of a loved one. Each person in time will heal and move on. But it takes some time alone to grieve. But what I want to remind her and others of is that even when there is no one else around the believer in Jesus Christ is never alone. He is right there to comfort and love you.

There is not a right or a wrong way to grieve.  Everyone grieves differently.  As a believer, I turn to God’s Word to find strength and comfort while I grieve.

Matthew 5:4  “Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.”

2 Corinthians 1:3-4  “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.”

Isaiah 41:10  “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”

Isaiah 43:2  “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.  When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.”


So for all my dear friends, tuck this one away and use it if you need it. Or send it on to someone who needs it.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment