Tuesday, December 29, 2015

How To Say I Love You 12/29/2015

Good Morning,

Last night we experienced our first big sloppy snow storm of the year and I enjoyed cleaning up after the down pour of white frozen water. I will admit however that I am a little sore from the exercise. My mug is filled with some strong Door County Jamaican Blue Mountain Blend Coffee and I am taking the big Thermos bottle to work today.



I hear couple after couple complain about not hearing the words "I love you" enough. I find that a lot of guys love their spouses but jut don't drop enough L bombs around the house and I also hear from a significant amount of guys with the same complaint about the ladies. Although saying I love you is very important, we can show our affection through actions designed to show one specific person how much they are loved. Here are two ways without being too sappy.

Pick a chore that you know your partner does not like to do and without telling them, go ahead and complete it for them. When they ask "who did this" wink and say "I did it for you because I know you dislike doing it". Now if they don't ask who did the chore, don't keep score and wait for a thank you. Remember, you did it out of love, not for self appreciation.

Here's another one. Purchase some sparklers and wait until dark, go outside and light a bunch of them, where they can see them showering sparks. They will be sure to ask you what you are doing. Just tell them that you just wanted to see the sparklers twinkle in their eye. Now that one was a little sappy.

There are a million ways to say I love you to others through actions. Your relationships are only as boring as you make them to be.

1 John 3:18New International Version (NIV)
18 Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.

Have a great day!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment