Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Candy Cane Kind Of Day 12/1/15

Good Morning,

December 1st arrived as promised and today is my first cup of Holiday Coffee from the Door County Coffee Company. The flavor of the day you might guess is Candy Cane.

A few times as children we were able to decorate our Christmas tree by hanging candy canes on the branches. Rene and I have done that a few times ourselves. I like the smell of a candy cane and I love to stir my coffee with a small one. To be honest I would eat a candy cane salad if they would only put some into the salad bar at work.

When I look at a candy cane it reminds me of two things. If you hold the candy cane upside down it forms a J That reminds me that Christmas is all about God sending His son Jesus to Earth as a baby,  and eventually die for the sins of mankind.

John 3:16New International Version (NIV)
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

When I hold the candy cane as a cane would be presented I see a hook or a staff.
 
 
 
In the staff I am reminded that Jesus not only came to save the world from sin, He is always there to guide us as a shepherd would watch over his sheep.
 
Psalm 23:1King James Version (KJV)
23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
 
So in a pinch while tasting the flavor of a candy cane, I can take a look at it and read it like a Bible.
 
Psalm 34:8New International Version (NIV)
Taste and see that the Lord is good;
    blessed is the one who takes refuge in him
 
Next time you are stirring your coffee or tea with a candy cane, just remember this and say thank you Jesus for all you do, and have done for me.
 
God bless,
 
Marty
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment