Sunday, December 13, 2015

Prayer In The Plane 12/13/2015

Good Morning,

It is good to be home and  back to normal. Gibbs is chewing on a bone and my Christmas mug is filled with Door County Candy Cane Coffee.

John 3:16New International Version (NIV)
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Last night our flight home arrived in the Milwaukee area on time. We had heard that many flights in Chicago were cancelled or delayed due to a heavy fog that has gripped the Lake Michigan area. Although we arrived near Milwaukee on time and probably a little earlier our pilot and crew had to battle the fog. It was evident when the started to land and had to pull up and start over and re-circle the airport a few times. I am sure they were landing blind and only using instrumentation and I want to say they did a fine job. Now I have landed in the Milwaukee airport many times and knew that it is a one approach and done landing 99% of the time.

As usual I was engrossed in a conversation with the lady next to me. A sweet lady who was not afraid to share her faith in Jesus with me. We had a great chat but it came to a point when we both knew it was time to pray. We both began to pray. I looked to my other side and could tell that Rene had beat me to that point. We prayed for Jesus to assist the pilots in their duties and for all to be calm. Then I heard that sweet lady singing out loud "How Great Is Our God". Our ears were all plugged and hurting from the altitude changes and I could barely hear anything else, but I could hear her sweet music.  When the plane landed there was a round of applause for the crew and someone in the back of the plane said very loudly "Thank You Jesus" . We all went on our way and I did not see the lady and the luggage pick up.

I don't know who could all hear her sing but at least those around her could. Her faith in God was evident for all to hear. So my prayer today is for those who witnessed her love for God  would remember that, and if they haven't already, seek a relationship with God the Father through Jesus Christ. That would be the Greatest Christmas present they could receive. How about you? Is your faith in Jesus Christ there to be seen and heard this Christmas. That little lady put Christ into Christmas without hesitation.

Have a blessed day.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment