Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Arm Yourself, Conceal Carry. 12/30/2015

Good Morning,

My day started with being thankful for a job, thankful for a warm bed and thankful for the Door County White Christmas Coffee perking away in the kitchen. This has to be the start of a great day.

1 Peter 5:8New International Version (NIV)
Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.



It is easy to see from 1 Peter 5:8 that the devil is out to seek and destroy lives wherever he can. Clearly this is an act of war on our lives and souls. I don't know one true warrior that goes into battle unarmed. A good warrior has his or her favorite battle implement, one that has been tried and can be counted on.

I live in a state where it is legal to conceal and carry a weapon. The weapon is to be concealed and only used in self defense. I like this, because it makes the bad people wonder whether or not you are armed and can defend yourself.

With the devil, we are fighting a spiritual battle. I for one like to be armed for my protection at all times. The battle implement I use and recommend is the memorized Word of God. Basically just as Jesus did while tempted, (Matthew 4:1-11) I use the word of God to help me not to give in to the temptations the devil throws my way.

Psalm 119:11New International Version
11 I have hidden your word in my heart
    that I might not sin against you.
 
You are never too old to start memorizing a verse or twenty. You can carry these with you at all times to use at a moments notice when under attack.
 
Why battle with a plastic butter knife when you can have a two edged sword? Memorize, conceal and carry. You are defending yourself! Ready Aim Fire!
 
God bless,
 
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment