Saturday, December 26, 2015

We Had A White Christmas 12/26/2015

Good Morning,

Woke up this morning and wanted some Door County Hot Buttered Rum Coffee and then I remembered that I forgot to pack some. We are visiting my Dad in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and spending time with other loved ones.

James 1:17New International Version (NIV)
17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

Dad's home is about 5-6 hours North of where we live and as much of the country isn't seeing normal weather for the winter, Watersmeet Michigan is pretty much normal with snow on the ground and more coming today. Although we had to drive to obtain a White Christmas, we had it. What was even more of a blessing, was that most all of us could be there. It was a very nice time. So today I will have a cup of coffee with my Dad, work on a little project and take our nephew and his sweetie to see a couple UP sites.  This day is already blessed!

Why would I write about this? Well it is more like a confession than anything today. When I was younger I definitely would not have appreciated yesterday or today. Now, I have always loved my family but I never thought about them as a gift from God. They were just family and you had them in your life. I never thought that things would change. But they do. Some family members are no longer with us and have passed on. The dynamics of the family change. Over the years, family members have been added also. What once was, isn't anymore, what is, won't be. My regret is not taking more pictures, not saying thank you to those around me for putting up with me, not thanking God for blessing me with all those who shared a Christmas or many with me and in general not realizing this until I was 59 years old.

So take my advice directly from God's word thank Him for each day and for those who He blessed you with and you call family. Go ahead and ask Him to bless them as only He can. I don't know if He will grant my prayer, of this morning. But I went and asked Him if I can have this again next year. I trust His judgment. He spoke back and said, "why wait Son, there are eleven months in every year and you guys all like fish! It's all up to you, just do it." I guess God is a lot like Nike!
 
God Bless,
 
Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment