Saturday, December 12, 2015

Home For The Holidays 12/12/2015

Good Morning,

The Door County Jamaican Blue Mountain Blend Coffee just finished brewing and I am ready for that first cup. I am still digesting some stuffed jalapeno peppers we ate last night. The hot coffee is just what I needed.

John 2:1-2English Standard Version (ESV)

The Wedding at Cana

On the third day there was a wedding at Cana in Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there. Jesus also was invited to the wedding with his disciples.

Rene and I are headed home from Florida today. We just finished our annual visit to the Sunshine State. The weather really cooperated and I could not say more about how pleasant it was to warm up a little. Best of all we, were blessed to spend time with our family and rest. That is the reason we come. Both, Rene and I battled a cold while we were here. It took a little of the life out of us. But it forced us to rest. We have more traveling to do this month at the opposite end of the climate range. It should be about a 70 degree difference. But again we will be with family.

We left our home for a week and there were a couple of things I missed but nothing I couldn't live without. You've heard the expression "Home Is Where The Heart Is". Although we were away from our house, we were able to be with those we love and those who love us. I felt at home because my heart was at peace. We have some new memories to carry us through to next time. I traveled with Rene and she has my heart. So no matter where we are, if we are together, we are home. Our family is always on my mind, so I am with them in my heart daily, and that makes me at home.

Many of us, as we get older eagerly await Heaven's doors when we will be in our permanent home. This is true for me also. But until then, with the right attitude of loving those who God gave to you, we are home anywhere we are. The key to the right heart, is to start filling it with the main family member, Jesus Christ. He makes all the family reunions better, when He is more than a guest. He is the one who taught us the greatest example of love.

We exchanged gifts last night and there isn't one that I don't like. But the best gift of all was sharing hearts and having a good time together as Jesus taught us to do. You see, Jesus enjoyed get togethers with family and friends and expects us to do so also.

Make your holiday plans soon if you haven't already. Include Jesus, and don't shun family and friends. By the way. I believe I am related to the original "Elf On The Shelf". You can find her tucked away in Florida.

God bless,

Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment