Thursday, December 17, 2015

Your Actions, Your Responsibility. 12/17/15

Good Morning,

What a day this was in 1978. Our daughter came into this world during a snow storm. I remember that day like it was yesterday. I'll be she doesn't! I am toasting that mighty fine lady this morning with a cup of Door County White Christmas Coffee.

I come from a long line of men, including me that have screwed up in life from time to time. These were hard working men who took their responsibilities seriously. I consider myself a hard worker and worthy of my pay. But lately I wonder where I would be if I hadn't been held accountable for when I screwed up?

I see more and more men shrugging the responsibility of accountability. I do blame the government for some of this. The no one gets cut, everyone should play equally in school is a farce. The sense of entitlement in person after person who feels they are owed a job and a full pay check for a half a day of work makes me want to vomit at times. Bankruptcy does no one any good and is often a cop out to get out of paying bills. The attitude of those are my kids but she can raise them is just another proof of weak men not taking responsibility for their actions again. It's not the fault of the student who doesn't study when they fail a class. It is the fault of the teacher. Way, way, way, too many parents unloading on teachers because of their misbehaving lazy kids.

Scripture is clear on taking responsibility for our own actions without blaming others.  Am I coming down hard today? Yes I am. It doesn't seem to sink in because we have too many liberals coddling our younger folks. Let's see what the Bible has to say.

Ezra 10:4
Arise, for it is your task, and we are with you; be strong and do it.”

Proverbs 12:22

Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord, but those who act faithfully are his delight.

2 Thessalonians 3:6-12

Now we command you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you keep away from any brother who is walking in idleness and not in accord with the tradition that you received from us. For you yourselves know how you ought to imitate us, because we were not idle when we were with you, nor did we eat anyone's bread without paying for it, but with toil and labor we worked night and day, that we might not be a burden to any of you. It was not because we do not have that right, but to give you in ourselves an example to imitate. For even when we were with you, we would give you this command: If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat. ...

Wake up and smell the roses world. What are we creating here by tolerating weak excuses? 8 hours work is 8 hours paid. On time is on time. Your kids are yours. In games, someone wins and someone loses. In competition for promotions, the best person gets it. It isn't shared by everyone. If you get a ticket for speeding, you were driving, not the policeman.

I never heard anyone who got ahead by blaming others for their failure. Ok I am off of the pulpit for today. Back to Christmas messages tomorrow.

Love you all.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment