Monday, March 31, 2014

Colonoscopy Needed? 3/31/14

Good Morning,

I am starting early today and it will be a long one! My coffee this morning is Door County Cherry Crème.

In America when a person turns 50 years old doctors recommend that their patients obtain a colonoscopy for the detection and prevention of colon cancer.

Colonoscopy is a test that allows your doctor to look at the inner lining of your large intestine (rectum and colon). He or she uses a thin, flexible tube called a colonoscope to look at the colon. A colonoscopy helps find ulcers, colon polyps, tumors, and areas of inflammation or bleeding. During a colonoscopy, tissue samples can be collected (biopsy) and abnormal growths can be taken out. Colonoscopy can also be used as a screening test to check for cancer or precancerous growths in the colon or rectum (polyps).

Being 57, I am on my second go around with this test. I call it the longest yard. I will tell you that the preparation and the procedure are not on my top ten list of fun things to do. But it does allow the doctor to really look inside of you and diagnose problems before they become worse.

I would prescribe for every Christian to have a Spiritual colonoscopy at least twice a year.

Psalm 139:23-24(NIV)

23 Search me, God, and know my heart;
    test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me,
    and lead me in the way everlasting.


Being proactive with sin is the best way to keep it in check. From time to time we let things creep into our lives that at first seem harmless and we disguise them as "habits, no too bad', won't do it too often type things". But before we know it the simple glances at the opposite sex becomes flirtations, and then worse. The occasional argument becomes full blown battles in our marriages. The little bit of charging on the credit cards becomes a huge debt.

So what I recommend is for all of us to pray the Psalm above and truly ask God to point out what needs to go. Even if we do not see it as a potential problem, our Great Physician knows what is best for a healthy spiritual walk

So tonight make an appointment with our Heavenly Doctor and spend the time it takes to be spiritually healthy.

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment