Thursday, March 20, 2014

Oatmeal 3/20/14

Good Morning,

I just checked and I can see Friday sneaking up on us. This morning I am enjoying a big cup of Door County Blueberry Cobbler Coffee.

I was thinking about my Mom yesterday. She used to serve us oatmeal on cold winter mornings for breakfast when we were kids. It has taken me a long time to embrace eating oatmeal. As a kid I just couldn't stand the taste of oatmeal. My Mom would put some butter on it for me and add some brown sugar and syrup to make it taste better. It was about the only way I could eat it.

She knew how to take something that I conceived as bad and make something good out of it. She did that because she loved us.

God does the same thing.

Romans 8:28 (NKJV)

28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

He takes things that happen to us and uses them to make us stronger, rely on Him more, teach us patience, equip us to help others, and show us His strength.


James 1:2-4 (NASB)

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

We need to give God a chance to show himself at work.

Have a great day,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment