Monday, March 3, 2014

Driving Miss Rene 3/3/14

Good Morning,

Monday returned and it is not going away until tomorrow. I am headed off to work in a hurry with a hot cup of Door County Mocha Mint in my heated cup.

This was a tough weekend on many fronts for us as a family. I could see that all the events that took place took it's toll on the Mrs. I knew that what she needed was prayer, and  just some time away from the house, death of our dog, work, and business issues. So as usual we attended church Saturday night. Sunday morning she awoke to a hot breakfast and my ideas for the day, I planned out a day of antique browsing in the country with lunch and if there was enough time a stop at a large craft shop.

We did just that and actually also had time to stop and purchase some specialty cheese. We put on almost 200 miles. It was sunny, but cold. We changed our course at will and took in some old country roads. We talked and laughed together. Our minds relaxed for awhile. It was my gift to Rene, time well spent doing what she likes to do. I was doing what I like to do also. I like seeing her happy and comforted. On the way home she fell asleep. I thanked God for my wife, and the rest He gave her. I could not help but to smile and say/ Thanks Dad! She needed that. Come to think of it, so did I.

Matthew 11:28-30 (NKJV)

28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

Sometimes you just need to drive down an old country road.

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment