Saturday, March 29, 2014

Stand By Me 3/29/14

Good Morning.

My coffee today is Door County Cinnamon Sugar Biscotti. I must say that this morning finds me extremely tired. Work ended up being a 15 hour day yesterday. But, praise God a lot of work was accomplished. So the coffee and some time in study and prayer seems like just what I need.

I really love old Gospel Hymns. I also like to listen to a variety of other music. I am old so my music tastes have not yet and probably won't develop to the point of liking Hip Hop. There is a song that also became the title to a movie. It is "Stand By Me" by Ben E. King   So yes, I admit it. I like to listen to Doo Wop music while I work out. The song speaks of not being afraid because a girl friend will always be standing with the person singing the song. To me it is a moving love song. When I listen to it I first think of God who is always with me.
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

Then I always think of my wife who has been with me through thick and thin.

Ruth 1:16-17

21st Century King James Version (KJ21).”
16 And Ruth said: “Entreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee; for whither thou goest, I will go, and where thou lodgest, I will lodge. Thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God.
17 Where thou diest will I die, and there will I be buried; the Lord do so to me, and more also, if aught but death part thee and me.”
 
Next I think of a friend of mine, who is my accountability partner and mentor.

Proverbs 18:24

New International Version (NIV)
24 One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin,
    but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.
 
All three have a part in my life, God being Number One. They are there each day to stand by me. So today I am counting my blessings and taking a moment to be thankful. It is so nice to know that this man does not stand alone. If you are reading this, be thankful for those who stand with you. Also make sure you are never letting anyone stand alone.

God bless,
Marty

Stand By Me"
When the night has come
And the land is dark
And the moon is the only light we'll see
No I won't be afraid
Oh, I won't be afraid
Just as long as you stand, stand by me

So darling, darling
Stand by me, oh stand by me
Oh stand, stand by me
Stand by me

If the sky that we look upon
Should tumble and fall
All the mountains should crumble to the sea
I won't cry, I won't cry
No, I won't shed a tear
Just as long as you stand, stand by me

And darling, darling
Stand by me, oh stand by me
Oh stand now, stand by me
Stand by me

So darling, darling
Stand by me, oh stand by me
Oh stand now, stand by me, stand by me
Whenever you're in trouble won't you stand by me
Oh stand by me, oh won't you stand now, stand
Stand by me
 

No comments:

Post a Comment