Monday, March 17, 2014

Shock Absorbers 3/17/14

Good Morning,

On my way out the door and headed to Sheboygan Wisconsin for work today. My coffee mug is filled with Door County Raspberry Butter Crunch this early AM!

I am happy to say that I was able to spend some time this weekend with my Nephew Nick. Nick has a Ford pick up truck that is named Taco Bill. Don't ask why , none of us are sure how that came to be. As Nick and I traveled this weekend he was telling me that he had spent a lot of time replacing the shock absorbers on Taco Bill. I asked if changing the shock absorbers improved the ride? Nick replied that it made a "big difference". The winter in Wisconsin has been extremely cold, icy and snow filled. Spreading salt on the highways to melt the snow and salt along with the damage from the snow plows has created huge pot holes in the roads. A vehicle without good shock absorbers is going to bounce all over and could possibly crash if the driver loses control of their vehicle.

Life is the same way. As we travel through life we encounter the "pot holes" in the road of our lives. These circumstances or happenings in our lives can cause us to lose focus and become lost in life. Some people never recover from the pain of a heartache like losing a spouse to infidelity. Many of these circumstances are tough. And at times they just seem to swallow people up. But I find that the people who survive these set backs are those who have good shock absorbers on their lives.

What am I talking about? The Father, The Son, and The Holy Ghost. They are the Ones who can take a bad bounce and turn it into something good. Only they can smooth out the road by absorbing the hurt and pain for us. But the thing many forget is that they have to be part of your life to begin with. No one in their right mind would drive on these Wisconsin roads without any shock absorbers. They would be in a ditch with a wrecked car. Yet people try to navigate through life without the help of the Creator Of All Life, The Savior Of The World, and The Comforter To All.

To have these takes a  decision  from us. A decision to follow Jesus and invite Him into our lives by faith. For those who have done this and still struggle, your life is out of balance. Like wobbly tires we need to be balanced with prayer, Scripture and obedience. This is also a decision to pull off the road of life you are on and turn your travels over to the Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit. Let Jesus take the wheel.

John 3:16 (NKJV)

16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
 
Once this is done we have access to the Father and the Holy Ghost dwells within us. Jesus also shepherds us.
 

John 14:6 (NKJV)

6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

 
 

Ezekiel 36:27          

 

"I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances.
 
 
 

John 10:11-18 (NKJV)

11 “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep. 12 But a hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them. 13 The hireling flees because he is a hireling and does not care about the sheep. 14 I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. 15 As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. 16 And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.
17 “Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. 18 No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father.”

As Nick smoothed out the ride in his truck and keeps Taco Bill on the road. Many must make a choice to submit to the call of Jesus before the road of life ends up in a hot mess called hell.

Jesus is calling many today.

Matthew 11:28-30(NKJV)

28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

Well, you make the call.
God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment