Friday, March 21, 2014

If I Only Had a Brain. 3/21/14

Good Morning,

It is Friday and I am headed into one of those "don't know what to expect days". So I will coffee up with a fresh cup of Door County Cookie Dough and head out the of the driveway with a song in my heart and prayer on my lips.

As I get older I find myself needing to make notes to remind me of what I need to remember to do. I believe there are two things causing this. 1. I am getting older. 2. I am so busy at times I can't keep things straight.
 Last night I went into the basement to get some food for the dog and when I got down there I couldn't remember why I went to the basement. It was after I went back upstairs and Gibbs was looking at his empty dish that I remembered why I went to the basement. I laughed and said to myself "if I only had a brain".

I do have a brain. I admit that it is probably smaller than most brains but it is the one I have. The "old nugget" is a little over worked these days".

So I am escaping this weekend to the Woods with some friends to do a little game farm pheasant hunting and trap shooting. We will have prayer and read our Bibles, talk stupid to each other, laugh, eat and enjoy friendship at it's best. Now what does this have to do with a daily devotional? Lots!!!! This is Biblical. We need to rest and renew. And what better way than for men to laugh, pray and read God's word together as well as shoot a few guns?

Romans 12:2 (NKJV)

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

So here's to shooting straight, hearing from God and eating enchiladas.

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment