Sunday, March 30, 2014

Sunday Morning Contentment 3/30/14

Good Morning,

I have started today with a steaming cup of Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee. I do not have a lot of words of wisdom today. I want to spend some time just letting you know what I observed early this morning.

My day is starting early. I do need to go to work at one of our hospitals later today. My day will have about three hours spent on the road. So my plan was to get up early and spend time outside with God, our dog Gibbs, drink coffee and pray.  My main thought for today is that God is alive and well.



Psalm. 14:1, "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God."
Anyone with any intelligence would acknowledge the evident fact of a living God.The greatest proof apart from Scripture of the existence of God is our daily fellowship with Him in prayer.

I. PROOF FROM SCRIPTURE

Psalm. 19:1, 'The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament shows His handiwork." The beauty and glory of the heavens speak loudly saying, "God exists."
Rom. 1:20 goes farther and suggests that creation even teaches about the eternal power of the Godhead, "For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse."
The man who accepts Scripture will readily acknowledge the existence of God.


I know that there is a God because I talked to Him today and He heard and answered the prayer of my heart though it was only whispered silently.
 
But here is how the morning went.
 
Gibbs and I headed outside to sit at the picnic table and it was still dark. I made a small fire in the fireplace and the smoke aroma filled our back yard. This was the first time in many months that I could sit at the picnic table without two feet of snow covering it. The snow is almost gone now. I started with prayer and listening. While sitting there I watched the sun come up in a glorious sunrise. God is alive.
 
The sunshine illuminated our maple tree and I could see fresh buds on the end of the branches. A new season is upon us. God is alive.
 
Gibbs wandered toward the creek and a duck launched in flight passing by me. God is alive.
 
Up on the peak of our roof top two morning doves cooed and made music for my soul. God is alive.
 
Many, many birds sang the melody of a wake up call as I sat there. God is alive.
 
In the distance a flock of geese honked and flew by as they headed North. God is alive.
 
Next as the steam from my coffee swirled upward a big dog appeared in our yard wanting to play with Gibbs. My brave little hunting dog decided that this one was too big to play with and presented danger. ( Gibbs is a great hunting pup, but somewhat of a coward). So he parked himself  on top of the picnic table, tail wagging and it was only less than a minute when his tail went into my cup and he proceeded to stir my coffee with his tail. Of course the hot coffee surprised his ambitious tail and he jumped. My coffee spilled ( cup is safe) but I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes. Life is humorous when you look at it. God created humor too. God is alive.
 
My neighbor wandered over ( this is all before 6:30 AM) and offered me a fresh cup of coffee from his portable pot. He said "you will like this one, it is Door County Highlander Grog". So I was blessed with company and a fresh cup of coffee. God is alive.
 
As I sit and finish this blog, I am content. It's going to be a busy day. But in an hour I was able to see more of God just by praying, watching, and listening than most people will see all month. Does that make me special? Not really. I set out with a purpose this morning and that was to seek God.

Jeremiah 29:13

13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
 
Philippians 4:11
11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 
 
Have a great day. Take time to seek God and find Him.
  
Marty
 

No comments:

Post a Comment