Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Laboring in Vain 3/12/14

Good Morning,

Wednesday and today I have a lot of things on my mind. My prayer list is long this week. So as I head to work with a cup of Door County German Chocolate Cake coffee in my hand I will have prayer coming from my heart and mouth.

I watch people struggle with what they feel is important and then find a new goal to tackle before they rest from the last most important thing on Earth.. It seems as if they never take a rest from the hamster wheel of life they have created. They jump from good enough to "this has to be better". Bigger cars, bigger houses, job changes, or rash business decisions, all in the name of bigger is better. Then when things begin to crumble you see them make other decisions like, different spouse, sell it all, depression, needing to drink more, verbal and physical battles, sleepless nights, pills and just plain anger. At the root of all of this, is the lack of a plan that has been endorsed by God. Rene and I built our house. But the first thing that needed to be done was to purchase the plans for the house and hire a reputable builder. To build a home or life we also need to have a plan but yet we also need to have the Master Builder endorse the plan. In other words He is the plan. Outside Of God's plan and endorsement we labor in vain to build our lives, our families, our careers and our homes.

Psalm 127;1-2 (NKJV)

Laboring and Prospering with the Lord

A Song of Ascents. Of Solomon.

127 Unless the Lord builds the house,
They labor in vain who build it;
Unless the Lord guards the city,
The watchman stays awake in vain.
It is vain for you to rise up early,
To sit up late,
To eat the bread of sorrows;
For so He gives His beloved sleep.
 
I watch the rat race we create to get to more things. But we can't take them with us.  We can however, leave an impact on lives with better time spent with loved ones instead of wanting more and more.  I watch the messes created when people rush into things without waiting on God. Without God at the center of our lives. We labor in vain!
 
God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment