Monday, March 10, 2014

A Satisfied Mind 10-30-16

Good Morning.
Sunday once more and this week's calendar looks a little long, until some much needed time off. I am headed out early once more with a cup of Door County Highlander Grog in the console of my truck.



Psalm 17:15 
   
As for me, I shall behold your face in righteousness; when I awake, I shall be satisfied with your likeness.

1 Corinthians 2:16 

16 For “who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?”[a] But we have the mind of Christ.

Many people my age have created their "bucket lists". On their list are things they want to do before they die. Their are a lot of things that I would like to do that's for sure. But I would have to say that if I died tomorrow the only thing on my Earthly list that I would want everyone to know is that I left this world with a satisfied mind.  One's mind can only really be satisfied when they know that they have the right relationship with God through Jesus Christ.

John 14:6

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
My relationship is right. Let's see what Jesus has to say about a satisfied mind.

John 3

New King James Version (NKJV)

The New Birth

There was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. This man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, “Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher come from God; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him.”
Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?”
Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”
Nicodemus answered and said to Him, “How can these things be?”
10 Jesus answered and said to him, “Are you the teacher of Israel, and do not know these things? 11 Most assuredly, I say to you, We speak what We know and testify what We have seen, and you do not receive Our witness. 12 If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things? 13 No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven.[a] 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish but[b] have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. 21 But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.”

Now that is what it takes to have a satisfied mind and a peaceful soul.
There is an old country western song that was performed by Porter Wagoner. I have a friend in Pennsylvania that is a wonderful singer and musician. Maybe we can coax him into doing this song and attaching it to this blog. Anyway the song speaks of a satisfied mind. I have attached the lyrics below.
Have a wonderful day.
God bless,
Marty



How many times have
You heard someone say
If I had his money
I could do things my way

But little they know
That it's so hard to find
One rich man in ten
With a satisfied mind

Once I was winning
In fortune and fame
Everything that I dreamed for
To get a start in life's game

Then suddenly it happened
I lost every dime
But I'm richer by far
With a satisfied mind

Money can't buy back
Your youth when you're old
Or a friend when you're lonely
Or a love that's grown cold

The wealthiest person
Is a pauper at times
Compared to the man
With a satisfied mind

When my life has ended
And my time has run out
My friends and my loved ones
I'll leave there's no doubt

But one thing's for certain
When it comes my time
I'll leave this old world
With a satisfied mind

No comments:

Post a Comment