Sunday, March 16, 2014

Girl Scout Cookies And Grocery Shopping 3/16/14

Good Afternoon.

I was up and out too early to launch the blog today. So I need to catch up. I did however try a new Door County Coffee flavor today. I must say that it was very good and I would recommend that you all try a pot of Cinnamon Sugar Biscotti. It was a winner.

Later today one of my chores was to perform the monthly grocery shopping. As I mentioned, my day started basically on Saturday night. Sleep deprived would be a understatement. Anyway off I went to the local food market. For a Sunday afternoon it was quite crowded. I struggled to make sure that I said hello or good afternoon to the people I passed. I am not one who smiles much but I did the best I could. I figured being friendly to strangers is a good way to brighten a day.

I did have to make one more stop to make the last of my pick ups. When I entered the last store, I was asked by some little Girl Scouts if I would like to purchase some of their cookies. I promised them that when I came out I would purchase a couple boxes. A man of my word and also a guy that likes cookies I returned as promised and made the cookie transaction. As I left and stepped into my car I recalled that their were several adults that were supervising the kids. Each adult was helping the kids open doors for people, all said thank you and one had even offered to carry my packages to the car.

They were doing this for everyone even if the people did not purchase cookies. What struck me as nice, was that these kids were actually enjoying the act of being kind.

We could all learn a lesson from these adults who gave up an afternoon to assist the kids and teach them the values of kindness and service.

Galatians 6:9 (NKJV)

And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.

Have a great day!
God Bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment