Friday, March 7, 2014

Chicken In The Oven 3/7/14

Good Morning,

At last it's Friday and I will enjoy every minute of my weekend. As I head out the door with my new coffee mug in hand filled with Door County Cherry Crème Coffee I am thinking about those who gave it to me. My Daughter and her family sent me a new mug for my birthday. It is the type that plugs into the car and keeps your coffee hot. What a blessing on these cold days.

Last night after supper I started to prepare our dinner for tonight. I do the majority of the cooking and I like to not have to rush around after work to try and prepare a meal. I had asked my wife earlier in the week what it might be that she would like to eat. She mentioned that a nice chicken dinner baked with potatoes and carrots would work just fine. So as I went to bed last night the aroma from baking a chicken still filled the house. And that is a mighty fine way to fall asleep.

It was while I was preparing the chicken and praying for a friend of mine who is in death's arms and in a coma, that it dawned on me that he will never eat chicken again on this Earth. And to think about it, I took for granted that I will be here tonight to eat chicken also.
That chicken made me think.

1. I am blessed enough to have a chicken to eat. Count your blessings.
2. I am blessed to have someone to eat chicken with. Count your blessings.
3. God gave me a farmer friend who gives me potatoes. Count your blessings.
4. God blessed our garden and we grew carrots and froze them. Count your blessings.
5. The house was warmed by the oven. Count your blessings.

After considering just how blessed I am to have a chicken meal I stood humbled and thought I only have this because of you Father. Among men  I am greatly blessed. How can I ever repay the kindness? I can't. But I can give God one thing that I own and it is mine to give. I give Him my heart. Which means I give Him my love.

Proverbs 23:26

King James Version (KJV)
26 My son, give me your heart, and let your eyes observe my ways

What a way to start a weekend! Chicken in the Oven and blessings in my heart.

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment