Sunday, March 2, 2014

Message to the Ukraine 3/2/14

Good Morning,

It is very cold here in Wisconsin today. Mother Nature dropped about 6 inches of snow on us last night. As soon as I am done writing to all of you I will be clearing the sidewalks and driveway with my shovel and a hot cup of Door County Blueberry Cobbler Coffee. The good I see in the weather today is that I won't be mowing the lawn and mosquitoes are not an issue.

More headlines in the news today about the Ukraine. Please don't be alarmed and stop reading this devotional. I cannot tell who reads this, but Google allows me to track the number of readers and what country they are from. I have noticed that we have readers from the Ukraine every now and then. I want to say welcome to all readers. I am not well versed on the politics and reasons behind the violence in their country. As I read the news, I see violence and war in several other countries as well. Civil unrest is spreading within nations. So today I decided that it is time for me to do something about it. People of the Ukraine I don't understand what is going on and why in your country. But people are fighting and dying each day. I want you to know that something was done today on your behalf. I prayed for all of you. I want you to know that someone thousands of miles away loves you and cares. I lifted you and your nation up to God and asked for Him to intervene some how, some way.

1 Peter 5:7 (NIRV)

Turn all your worries over to him. He cares about you.
 
I am asking that the one to three people in the Ukraine share this devotional as much as possible. I am asking all my readers to do the same. A praying world is a better world. Pray for your enemies and you will not see them as enemies anymore. Each day now as I read the world news I will pray for the countries I see that are in distress either from war or nature. I ask you all to do the same.

Matthew 5:43-48 (NIRV)

Love Your Enemies

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor.  Hate your enemy.’ 44 But here is what I tell you. Love your enemies. Pray for those who hurt you. 45 Then you will be sons of your Father who is in heaven.
“He causes his sun to shine on evil people and good people. He sends rain on those who do right and those who don’t.
46 “If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Even the tax collectors do that. 47 If you greet only your own people, what more are you doing than others? Even people who are ungodly do that. 48 So be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.

Let's all pray for peace in the Ukraine today. As you read the news tomorrow, pray for peace elsewhere. God hears and heals. Let's trust Him to run the world and follow His rules of love and this world will be a better place. Please pass this on. It only takes a spark to ignite a wild fire. Let peace have a chance and let it begin with you and me. If you are not world minded start the process in your own home and family. Forgive and pray together.

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment