Monday, December 18, 2023

The Sound Of Music 12/18/2023

 Good Morning,

My day started with prayer and a hot cup of Door County Christmas Coffee. It is time to write.

Deuteronomy 30:19 I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing, therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live.


Last night one of the television networks was airing in entirety the musical The Sound Of Music. My wife Rene let me know earlier in the day that our television would be viewing this "classic". We do have another television in the house and can stream via the computer. But the announcement was made that if you are to be anywhere near our living room you will be watching "The Sound Of Music" . This classic actually beat out the Hallmark channel, which is a feat in itself. 

What amazed me was this. My wife could sing along with all the songs and knew all of the words. She knew most of the lines from the screen play by heart. 

My point is this. The musical has survived for many years and was considered wholesome entertainment in 1965 and it is still wholesome entertainment today.  In our lives we will encounter good and wholesome things that are for entertainment or instruction. There are also foods that are good for us and some that are not so good for us. It is up to us to choose what we view, eat and listen to. If garbage goes into the brain and the heart, only garbage can come out. Fill your life with good and it will last a lifetime. 

God bless,
Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment