Thursday, December 14, 2023

Is God In the House? 12/14/2023

 Good Morning,

I am up early this fine morning and my mug is filled with Door County Mistletoe Mocha Coffee. It is time to write.

As we celebrate Christmas through the next 11 days, my thoughts go to the baby Jesus being born in a stable or manger because there were no rooms available for his family. Our Savior Emmanuel had nowhere to lay His head.

Matthew 22:37 And he said, "You shall love the lord your God, with all your heart and with all your soul and all your might.


\

I wonder if the innkeeper had known that the baby to be born in his manger was God Himself, if he would have made room or given up his own bed for Jesus. 

I wonder what we would have done? I wonder what I would have done? There are times that my life is so busy and our home has so many Christmas decorations, I wonder if I make room for Jesus in my home, heart, and my Christmas? Or do we give Jesus what is left over in time, resources, and faith? Does He reside in a manger within us or a clean and pure heart. Is He first in our Christmas or is He an afterthought? 

Food to chew on today?

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment