Wednesday, December 20, 2023

A Much Needed Trip 12/20/2023

 Good Morning,

It took a long time to get to this day and I am starting it with prayer and a hot mug of Door County White Christmas Coffee. It is time to write. 

We will be making a Christmas trip to Georgia to visit our family for a few days. Our Nephew Nick is house sitting. Thus our dogs don't need to be kenneled for the next week. This morning we leave and our goal is to stop along the way so my wife Rene can shop for antiques. all I ask is for one stop at the Waffle House for some smothered hash browns. 

This trip is overdo and hopefully our prayers for a safe and fun journey will be granted. We will attend church while we are out of town and I am counting on being spiritually fed by whichever preacher is there. I am counting on some chicken soup for my soul. 

My point for the day is this. When you travel, make time to attend church and see what another town and their churches have on the spiritual menu. I have found that when I make a sincere effort to feed my soul while away from my home church God meets me where I am, and even though 11 hours from home, the message from the pulpit is always worth the drive. So make a trek to another land, but go to the land that God shows you and meet Him there,.

Psalm 145:18 The Lord is near to all who call on Him, to all who call on Him in truth.

Psalm 27:4 One thing have I asked of the Lord, that I will seek after. That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life.

James 4:8 Draw close to the Lord and He will draw close to you.

Food for thought!'

Marty






2 comments:

  1. God bless you and family on this junket, we pray for your safe return.

    ReplyDelete