Sunday, December 17, 2023

Stand By Me 12/17/2023

 Good Morning,

I just sat down with a large, very hot cup of Door County Christmas Coffee and it is now time to write. 

Isiah 54:13 All your children shall be taught by the Lord, and great will be the peace of your children.


On today in 1978 I was received a blessing that came wrapped in a blanket. It was a snowy December day when my wife went into labor and then a short time later our daughter was born. I was handed this small bundle of joy for me to hold and I could not help but wonder what she would look like later in life. What will she do and accomplish? Basically what would the future hold for our child.

I think, every parent has those thoughts run through their heads on the day their child is born or soon there after. 

Here's what I will say about the many things that have passed and that have gone on in her life. If I were ever in the battle of my life and needed a friend or relative to stand by me through thick or thin. I would want our daughter to be the there. She is loyal, compassionate and can be counted on when the road of life gets muddy. She has the heart of a warrior and at the same time that same heart beats like a puppy dog waiting on others and handing out love.

Yesterday I hunted with a young man named Mario and it is always nice to see the younger generation embracing the sport I love, willing to learn the tricks of the hunting and folklore. Our daughter never caught on to the love of hunting, she would be the one to take my hunted game to the veterinarian because it had been shot. She is a person who when you are down, regardless of who you are she is there to lend a hand. And in all she does she is a hard working soul.

So today as I think about her, I thank God for the daughter who is a blessing to me and to others. I think God did a great job with my gift in 1978! and will continue to work through her for as long as she has a breath to take. 

God Bless,

Marty


1 comment:

  1. You know the old adage, Marty, the apple does not fall far from the tree.

    ReplyDelete